Consequences of Spinal Cord Injuries
The consequences of spinal cord injuries can be life-altering and often require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and adaptive equipment. Depending on the severity and location of the injury, victims may experience a range of symptoms that significantly impact their quality of life.
Paralysis due to nerve damage
One significant consequence is paralysis, when the spinal cord is damaged, disrupting communication between the brain and muscles. It can lead to quadriplegia (the loss of function of all four limbs) or paraplegia (the loss of function of the lower half of the body). The extent and type of paralysis depend on where the spine injury occurred.
Loss of bodily functions
In addition to paralysis, other bodily functions such as respiratory issues, bladder and bowel control problems, sexual dysfunction, chronic pain, temperature regulation difficulties, and muscle atrophy may also be affected.
These could include respiratory issues like difficulty breathing; bowel and bladder control problems; sexual dysfunction; chronic pain; temperature regulation difficulties; muscle atrophy; pressure sores from prolonged immobility – to name a few examples.
Long-term medical care needs
- Medical expenses: Victims often face significant financial burdens as they cope with ongoing medical treatments such as surgeries, medications, and physical therapy sessions. A skilled spine injury lawyer would help ensure the responsible party covers all these costs.
- Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation is crucial in helping spinal cord injury victims regain as much independence and functionality as possible. This could necessitate collaboration with specialists in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology.
- Adaptive equipment: Many individuals require adaptive devices like wheelchairs or walkers and home modifications such as ramps installed at entrances and exits.
Challenges in Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuits
Spinal cord injury lawsuits can be intricate and may require a lengthy resolution period due to the various obstacles that frequently appear during the judicial process. However, an experienced Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer will work diligently towards speeding up this process while also reopening old cases if necessary so as not to leave any stone unturned during legal proceedings undertaken within courtrooms located across this vibrant city filled with incredible sights, sounds, vices, thrills, fun, and relaxation alike.
Calculating Future Damages
One of the most significant challenges in spinal cord injury cases is calculating future damages. This includes estimating medical expenses for ongoing treatment options like rehabilitation therapies or adaptive equipment required by victims suffering from spine injuries caused due to someone else’s negligence. Additionally, it involves determining lost wages resulting from a victim’s inability to work post-injury and compensation for pain and suffering endured throughout their recovery period.
A skilled spine injury lawyer will collaborate with medical professionals and financial experts who can accurately assess these costs based on factors such as age at the time of accident/injury onset along with pre-existing health conditions affecting overall prognosis outcomes, amongst other relevant considerations taken into account under Nevada law provisions governing personal injury claims filed within its jurisdictional boundaries.
Identifying Responsible Parties in Hit-and-Run Accidents
In hit-and-run accidents where identifying responsible parties becomes difficult or even impossible without proper investigation techniques employed by seasoned attorneys specializing in handling spinal cord damage cases arising from car collisions, seeking justice and compensation can be even more challenging. In such situations, a Las Vegas spinal cord injury lawyer will use all available resources to track down those responsible for causing these life-altering injuries.
For instance, they may work closely with law enforcement agencies or hire private investigators who possess specialized skills needed for uncovering crucial evidence leading towards identifying at-fault drivers involved in hit-and-run incidents occurring across Las Vegas streets teeming with traffic congestion caused by its bustling tourism industry attracting millions of visitors each year from around the world.
Why You Need a Skilled Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
When it comes to spinal cord injuries, the stakes are high. That’s why you need a skilled spinal cord injury attorney to help you navigate the complex legal system and get the compensation you deserve. At Temple Injury Law, we have a proven track record of successfully settling numerous client lawsuits.
- Our experienced spine injury lawyers know how to gather the necessary evidence, present persuasive arguments in court, and accurately calculate damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- We have successfully handled spinal cord injury cases caused by car accidents, slip and falls, and other incidents due to someone else’s negligence.
- Our expertise allows us to negotiate effectively with insurance companies and obtain maximum client compensation.
Legal Options and Medical Treatment
- If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, it’s essential to understand your legal options and seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
- You may be entitled to a spinal cord injury claim to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to your injury.
- Our attorneys can help you navigate the legal system and ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case.
- We can also help you explore your treatment options and connect you with medical professionals specializing in spinal cord injuries.
Don’t Wait to Get Help
We are committed to helping spinal cord injury victims in Las Vegas and Nevada. Contact us today for a free consultation.
How Our Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Help You
We’ll help you calculate future damages, negotiate with insurance companies, and handle all communication on your behalf. And the best part? You don’t have to pay anything upfront – they work on a contingency fee basis and only get paid if you do.
So don’t wait – reach out for help during this challenging time and get the justice you deserve.
FAQs about Spinal Cord Injury in Las Vegas
The average rehabilitation time for a spinal cord injury varies depending on the severity and type of damage. Still, it’s safe to say it’s longer than waiting in line for a cronut.
For comprehensive data on recovery times, check out The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center.
A complete spinal cord injury is considered the most severe because it results in total loss of function below the level of damage, making it hard to get around.
The financial cost of a spinal cord injury can be astronomical, with estimates ranging from hundreds to millions of dollars over a lifetime.