What Evidence Do You Need To Support Your Claim?
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury on someone else’s property, it is vital to gather evidence that can be used to support your claim. This may include photos of the premises and any hazardous conditions that contributed to your fall, medical records documenting your injuries, and eyewitness testimonies from anyone who witnessed the incident.
- A police report is often one of the most critical pieces of evidence in a slip-and-fall claim.
- If possible, take pictures of the scene immediately after the accident occurred.
- Make sure to get contact information for witnesses who may have seen what happened.
- Keep all medical records related to your injury, including medical treatment and medication receipts.
- Gather any documentation or video footage that supports your account of what happened (e.g., security footage from the property where the fall occurred).
If your claim is denied or you are unsatisfied with the property owner’s response, you may need to take legal action by filing a lawsuit against them. A skilled slip-and-fall attorney can help you determine whether this is necessary and guide you through the entire process to ensure your rights are protected.
How Much Does a Lawyer Cost in a Las Vegas Slip Fall Case?
Our office works on a contingency fee basis for slip and fall cases. What that means is that we do not get compensated until after you get compensated. You do not pay our office anything while we are fighting the case on your behalf.
You don’t pay anything upfront at our office to hire us. Our lawyers will not charge you any upfront fees or an hourly rate for our work. Instead, your lawyer will charge you a percentage of any settlement or judgment awarded.
Slip and Fall Incidents: Damages
Slip and fall accidents can lead to a variety of injuries.
- Concussions and head injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken or fractured limbs
- Severe sprains
- Lacerations, abrasions and contusions
There are many different things that you can be compensated for due to a slip and fall injury:
- Prescriptions and medical bills
- Loss of wages from missed work
- Future lost wages as a result of a long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Reduced ability to enjoy life
Common Types of Slips and Falls and Where They Occur
Slip and fall incidents are often divided into four categories:
- Slip and Fall – Occurs when you slip on the walking surface because of the presence of a substance.
- Trip and Fall – The most common cause is an object left on a walkway that causes a person to trip over it and fall.
- Stump and Fall – A surface obstruction or obstruction on a walkway usually causes this.
- Step and Fall – This usually occurs after someone trips over a defective surface or steps into a hidden hole.
Slips and falls are often caused by substances that cover walkways or uneven walkways. Slip and fall injuries can also be caused by damaged stairways, ramps, missing or poorly lit railings, and non-slip coverings. In addition, slip and fall injuries are often caused by slip and fall due to the failure of property owners to clear snow, ice, and other debris from walkways.
How a Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Can Help You
Whether you were injured at a casino or another business in Las Vegas, we can help you pursue the compensation that you deserve. Our legal team will work tirelessly to build a strong claim on your behalf. If necessary, we will be prepared to represent you in court to get the outcome you need. To learn more about how we can help with your slip and fall claim, contact our law firm today for a free consultation to discuss your case.