TABLE OF CONTENTS
Slip and fall accidents are a common occurrence in Las Vegas. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is essential to speak with a qualified Las Vegas slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced slip-and-fall lawyer can help you file a claim and seek the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
What To Do After a Slip and Fall Injury Occurred
- Seek Medical Treatment – After being injured in a slip and fall accident, it is essential to seek medical treatment immediately to receive an accurate diagnosis and appropriate care. If your condition is severe, you should visit the emergency room as soon as possible.
- Report the Incident – It is important to immediately report a slip-and-fall injury to the property or business owner. While you should explain what happened, do not admit to being responsible for the fall. Ask for an official accident report from your property manager or owner.
- Take Photos – If possible, have someone with you take photos of the accident site and your injuries. Photographs may be used as evidence against the property owner in a premises-related claim.
- Contact a Premises Liability Lawyer – You should contact a qualified accident lawyer who can help you through the legal process.
Write down as much information as possible about the incident and the scene. This will assist your experienced Las Vegas slip attorney in pursuing your claim. Additionally, consult with a slip-and-fall incident lawyer before you begin the insurance claims process. An attorney can help you decide what to tell your insurance agency and what not.
What Evidence Do You Need To Support Your Claim?
- A police report is often one of the most critical pieces of evidence in a slip-and-fall claim.
- If possible, take pictures of the scene immediately after the accident occurred.
- Make sure to get contact information for witnesses who may have seen what happened.
- Keep all medical records related to your injury, including medical treatment and medication receipts.
- Gather any documentation or video footage that supports your account of what happened (e.g., security footage from the property where the fall occurred).
Proving Your Slip and Fall Case
To prove that the property owner was negligent in failing to maintain a safe environment, you’ll need to provide evidence of the following:
- The existence of a dangerous condition on the property that caused your fall
- That the property owner knew or should have known about the hazardous condition but failed to take corrective action
- That you were injured as a result of the fall.
How Much Does a Lawyer Cost in a Las Vegas Slip Fall Case?
Our office works on a contingency fee basis for slip and fall cases. What that means is that we do not get compensated until after you get compensated. You do not pay our office anything while we are fighting the case on your behalf.
You don’t pay anything upfront at our office to hire us. Our lawyers will not charge you any upfront fees or an hourly rate for our work. Instead, your lawyer will charge you a percentage of any settlement or judgment awarded.
Are You Required to Attend Court if You File a Claim?
Slip and Fall Incidents: Damages
- Concussions and head injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken or fractured limbs
- Severe sprains
- Lacerations, abrasions and contusions
- Prescriptions and medical bills
- Loss of wages from missed work
- Future lost wages as a result of a long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Reduced ability to enjoy life
What is Contributory Negligence, and how can it be prevented?
Slip-and-fall cases often involve a failure to protect consumers. Risks are inherent in how the establishment operates, including policies disregarding safety. For example, a bar without a clear policy for cleaning up spilled drinks could be considered negligent.
What should you say to an insurance provider?
- When speaking with the representative, be calm and polite.
- It would be best if you did not accept responsibility for your slip-and-fall accident.
- Answer all questions honestly and concisely.
- Try your best to avoid long, repetitive responses.
- Do not hesitate to ask for clarification if you don’t understand something.
- You must not permit the insurance adjuster to record your statement.
- Sign nothing that an insurance company offers.
- Do not allow the insurer to pressure you into making a quick settlement.
- Before accepting a settlement offer, make sure to consult an attorney.
Common Types of Slips and Falls and Where They Occur
- Slip and Fall – Occurs when you slip on the walking surface because of the presence of a substance.
- Trip and Fall – The most common cause is an object left on a walkway that causes a person to trip over it and fall.
- Stump and Fall – A surface obstruction or obstruction on a walkway usually causes this.
- Step and Fall – This usually occurs after someone trips over a defective surface or steps into a hidden hole.
Slips and falls are often caused by substances that cover walkways or uneven walkways. Slip and fall injuries can also be caused by damaged stairways, ramps, missing or poorly lit railings, and non-slip coverings. In addition, slip and fall injuries are often caused by slip and fall due to the failure of property owners to clear snow, ice, and other debris from walkways.
How a Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas Can Help You
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, seek legal help from an experienced slip and fall attorney. At Temple Injury Law, our team has extensive experience helping individuals who have suffered injuries due to a slip-and-fall incident.
Whether you were injured at a casino or another business in Las Vegas, we can help you pursue the compensation that you deserve. Our legal team will work tirelessly to build a strong claim on your behalf. If necessary, we will be prepared to represent you in court to get the outcome you need. To learn more about how we can help with your slip and fall claim, contact our law firm today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN